Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Last Full Day

2nd November 2010

We had another leisurely start on this our last full day. It was Cath's turn to be not well so she decided to chill out here. the 3 of us went to the flower market which was a wonderful riot of colour. It was only 11am when we got there and I stupidly bought Jenny something that I had to lug aroung all day. Hope you like it Jen.

We then went to the bird market. I had forgotten how sad it is. I did take video of tiny cages filled with masses of beautifully coloured birds.

The plain and dowdy sparrows were hopping around. I wonder what they were chirping to the pretty birds crammed in their cages. The most awful sight that I don't remember from our last time there was bags of live crickets being sold as bird food. It just turned my stomach.

We love to hear them in France. There were also tanks full of them, presumably waiting to be bagged. I fear that will be the focus of my dreams tonight.

We then had a walk in Kowloon Park and admired all the sculptures, most of which are bronze.

 It was very hot walking around in the sun so - 3 guesses what we needed! Hong Kong, like China, is far more a gambling culture so bars are few and far between. We gave up and were heading for the Star Ferry when we spotted a bar. It looked very upmarket but after all we are clebs! 3 large beers were $HK200! (£16!!!) Ouch. We enjoyed them.


I am having a Chinese style blouse made and had a fitting this afternoon so we called in there on the way back to the hotel. Cath was feeling lonely and fed up by then. At least she had the use of my netbook and the benefit of sun on the roof terrace until early afternoon.

Just back. Canapes and drinks in the Sky Bar then dinner in the hotel. In ways it would have been nice to have had a real chinese meal somewhere but the hotel was good and convenient. Happy hour in the lobby bar was the perfect sociable end.


Tomorrow will be a strange day. I will post one last blog when we get home just to round this off.

No comments:

Post a Comment